[rescue] 13W3 -> vga

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 10 23:05:06 CDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 11:58:32PM -0400, s at avoidant.org wrote:

> Hey, while we're sort of on the subject, how do I enable a second head,
> so to speak, on my SS20? I've put the second VSIMM in, along with the
> aux video card. But I get nothing. It works alone, so I don't think
> there're any defects.

i'm assuming you are using dtlogin to get into your sun?  the edit:

/usr/dt/config/Xservers

and go to the bottom of the file.

change:

:0   Local local_uid at console root /usr/openwin/bin/Xsun :0 -nobanner

to:

:0 Local local_uid at console root /usr/openwin/bin/X :0 -dev /dev/fb0 -dev /dev/fb1

logout from your current session and then log back in.  you should have two
desktops at that point. :)

cheers,

-brian