[Re: [rescue] Cheap UPSs]

Michael Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 10 18:51:38 CDT 2001

>Ken Hansen <n2vip at bellatlantic.net> wrote:
>Um, is this what you are talking about?

>http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/SKU.asp?>BCFlag=3DFalse&PageType=3D=
1&SKU=3D446847

>It is $55 at Staples, you must have gotten one that was mis-marked, or..=
=2E

The cheapest one I could find was $50 (49.95) at CompUSA.
Heavy enough to be credible, but comes with a DB-9 cable.
Some documentation I found (then lost) for apc-upsd indicates
that the cable is not wired for a "standard" RS-232 DTE->DCE
connection, and may contain 1-2 pull-up resistors. Has anyone
figured out how to wire up a cable for these things with a DB-25 =

!MALE! for the computer end?