[rescue] Insane drives

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 10 18:46:10 CDT 2001

On July 10, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> >   Interesting.  My A5100 takes FC-AL drives.
>
> We're talking Sun A5x00 disk arrays. It's FC-AL to the
> array and UW-SCSI inside.... right? Either way, it's
> a JBOD.

  No, it's FC-AL to the array and FC-AL inside.  I just plugged a
Seagate ST19171FC drive into it yesterday, without a hammer.

> You have a A5100 at home?

  Yes, though keep in mind that I work at home.  The A5100 is connected
to an Ultra30, together they form a database server which is used for
my new company's services.

  Which, by the way, I will announce here (if Bill thinks it's
appropriate) when said services are available to the public.

        -Dave McGuire