[rescue] Insane drives

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 10 18:27:00 CDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 07:25:07PM -0400, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> > a) i HATE your email program. :)
> *laugh*

well i do. :)

> The Sun A5x00 series is FC-AL to the host computer, but has SCSI disks inside.
> The T3 is FCAL throughout.
> The SSAs (SSA1xx/2xx) are JBODs, SCSI over fibre to the JBOD, w/ 30 drives, 6
> SCSI controllers, all managed by the microsparc inside. The microsparc just
> manages the cache/controllers-- no hardware raid is done.

yeah, i gotta beat on my SSA a little more.  it doesn't want to get connected
to the fibre card right.  bah.  it may be the fibre cable which is badly beaten,
so i'm going to order some new fibre and try that first.

hmm, storm a comin, and me without UPS.  time to shutdown i think.  *sigh*
that is always such a pain in the ass, although i do need to replace the
circuit breaker, and this is a good opourtunity. :)

-brian