[rescue] SPARCbook 3TX

Dan Debertin rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 10 15:52:22 CDT 2001

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> FWIW, before anybody screams "LIST DICTATOR", I'm about as far from
> that as you can get.  I only kick someone off when they repeatedly ignore
> requests from me to tone it down / cut the quotes / stop a thread, etc.

The only case in which I'd say "watch out" is when you request that a
thread stop with all speed, but there are still a few posts on that thread
waiting to be distributed to members. Taking umbrage at those people is a
little out of line, I think, as they had no way of knowing you wanted the
thread to stop until after they sent their post.

David's post might have been such a one ... It rolled in only minutes
after yours. It was still asinine, but he may not have known you wanted
the thread dead.

Dan
--
Dan Debertin