[rescue] VAXELN

Björn Ramqvist rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 10 03:37:45 CDT 2001

Dave McGuire wrote:

> > I followed the sellers link to the Compaq page, and they mention that
> > machine supporting an OS called  VAXELN.  What is that?  Never heard of
> > it.
>
>   VAXELN is a real-time operating system for VAXen.  It was targeted
> at process control markets and such.  As far as I'm aware, it was
> never extremely popular, but it was definitely neat.

Yup. It's... different. We run it on two VAXstation 4000/90's here at
work, mainly for vibration measuring and analysing. I haven't got the
slightest clue how it's working, I'm just staring at one of the two
machines in the computer room every now and then and occasionaly looked
at the OS when another guy was sorting some things out. Looks VMS-ish to
me.

/Bjorn