[rescue] my latest haul in Dallas, TX

Chris Sterling rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 7 12:24:21 CDT 2001

The DFW area 1st Satuday Sale was last night... so I now have 2
670MP's, one in it's natural habitat. The good news is it boots, and has a
ver 2.5 boot prom. The bad news is, of course my other 600mp board had ver
2.9, but the prom is dead.

Anybody need/want to copy my 2.5 version?

Also, I need to figure out if I can get/run Solaris 2.5.1 on the new
beastie, it's got 4 cy605c's and 128MB ram. It loads up SunOS 4.1.3 just
like it did when taken from production 555 days ago... so I may just
recover and use what's on it for now. What else supports 4 of those old
CPU's anyway?

I also hauled in a 4/110 with 3 external drive bays. It boots and passes
the prom tests (ver 3.1.2). I'm not sure what I'll do with it...

-Chris Sterling