[rescue] More free stuff

Dan Debertin rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 7 00:16:27 CDT 2001

On Thu, 5 Jul 2001 james at foonly.com wrote:

> Sun SparcStation ELC.  Bright, crisp screen (best one out of a lot of 12
> that I kept).  Good NVRAM chip, 64MB RAM (4x16MB).  Was going to use it as
> an xterminal but I have too many other boxes around as it is.  It's
> actually in an SLC chassis (all in one rear case).

The ELC embodies cuteness in a computer. No fan, no disk, tiny motherboard
accessible from a convenient place. I was still using one as my full-time
NetBSD workstation as recently as last year.

I consider it a personal flaw that I'm too young to have been a sysadmin
at the time when this type of machine was in common use.

Dan D.
--
Dan Debertin
airboss at nodewarrior.org