[rescue] RE: What do we do with a poor old SS/2...

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 6 12:10:02 CDT 2001

Ken Hansen <Ken.Hansen at ICTI-USA.com> wrote:

> 2) Managing bookmarks - sounds like you are re-inventing Yahoo...

Naah, not really.

I do something similar myself, mainly because I move around so much and
don't always have access to my desktop machine.  Keeping all my bookmarks
securely on my web server means I can get at them from anywhere.

I was originally intending to try to make it a commercial service, but work
and stuff has got in the way of finishing it.  There's a working version
(hopefully secure and stable, but no guarantees!) at
http://www.bookmark-site.com.

It's running on an SS2 with a PostgreSQL database.  It's dog-slow.  The
intention is to only use the SS2 for development and testing, and to use
a cheap-but-fast Intel box or my SS1000 when it's a bit more complete.

--
David Cantrell | david at cantrell.org.uk | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

If you save all your money for three years, you'll be able to afford this
new computer.  If, however, you blow all your money on poker, booze and
loose women - you'll still be able to afford it in three years.
                                                      --- anon, on Usenet