[rescue] Netapp

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 3 18:56:58 CDT 2001

I agree.  If I had better luck with SCSI periphs, I'd like to convert
everything but perhaps hard drives (and then only one per chanel, which is
already what I do) to SCSI.  However, I have yet to get an scsi periphs
working.  I'm probably scraping too close to the bottom of the barrel.

Actually, I heard some where (but for the life of me, can't remeber
where), that IDE was actually better with DVD drives.  I read that it had
something to do with variable packet sizes, and IDE handling them better
than SCSI did.  Don't know if there is any truth to that.  But, that might
be why we don't see SGIs with DVD drives.

--
Joshua Boyd