[rescue] Re: [geeks] SGI Origin 200 firewire upgrade - A littleOT

Zach Malone rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 3 10:05:50 CDT 2001

Have you looked into PCI expanders?  I know that a number of companies sell
PCI cards which then have a plug which leads to a second chasis that has a 7
slot (or 4, or 2) PCI or ISA backplane and a bunch of spots for disk drives.
I am unaware as to whether any are availible for SGI, Sun, DEC, or HP
machines, but I know they are availible in the Mac and PC worlds,
    Zach