[rescue] UPS Recommendations - A True Story

Brian Dunbar rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 2 15:08:38 CDT 2001

> From: Devin L. Ganger [mailto:devin at thecabal.org]

Are your systems set to automatically go down when the UPS detects loss
of line voltage?  For tests like that, I'd simply unplug the UPS for the
minute or so it took the electricians to verify that they'd wired things
in correctly, then plug it back in, with no downtime resulting.<

No, the systems don't go down when the power blinks, that's the operator's
job (the save routine for their cad programs can be tricky and involved).

I'll do that tomorrow.  Or when(if -hah) they decide to come back and finish
putting up the ceiling fans.

Brian