[rescue] Various stuffs for sale

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 1 19:01:58 CDT 2001

Hi all,

Getting a late start to my weekend projects (distracted by a swap meet)...
but I've got a few items I thought I'd give first dibs to the list for,
before putting them up on ebay in the next couple of hours. This is just
my personal surplus... I don't make my living at this, and I'm doing well
to get back what I spent on some of it. :) If you're interested in
anything, drop me an email; if it's after 8pm PDT on Sunday, check ebay
for a buy-it-now deal or ask me to pull the auction if you're interested
and there's no bids yet.

The sun trackballs are still up there on ebay, by the way, and it looks
like they'll go for a steal. Still have to go see if I have more in
storage.

I'm putting together a SPARCstation 10 right now. It has a single SM100 (2
40MHz cpus on one mbus card, the bottom-sludge of mbus if you don't count
the sub-40mhz no-cache modules), 64MB of RAM, roughly 2GB disk +/- 1GB, a
single-slot framebuffer (typical cgsix), and a "be" 10/100 card. Probably
best for Linux, since later Solaris don't support the bigmac ethernet or
the SM100s. Make me a deal; I can up the config (FSBE, more memory, maybe
more disk) if you want.

Other items coming up on the block:

	- 128MB PC100 SODIMM (Crucial/Micron) ($40 shipped CONUS)
	- AT dual PPro board with a pair of 180/256 cpus and some
	  other stuff (can upgrade to 200/512 if you want, complete
	  system with OS available too if you ask nicely)
	- Sun/NPI FDDI card
	- a couple of 32MB Sun U5/U10-type dimms, also good for those
	  Intel PR440FX and similar PPro server boards
	- SS5 (85 or 110) basic config, possibly with a big disk (9GB?)
	- Maybe a TurboSPARC upgrade kit for socketed SS5s if mine
	  aren't socketed
	- If I can find it, Mylex DAC960 PCI RAID card (3 wide scsi
	  buses, 8-16MB cache, supported under Solaris x86, Linux,
	  FreeBSD, maybe others)

If you're interested in any of those before they go up on ebay, drop me an
email and I'll make a deal. Paypal preferred--trying to ramp up to an
expensive trip to see my girlfriend. Gotta get them out this week.

Also, if anyone is interested in the twinax cables I mentioned last week
or so, they're available for the cost of postage, up to all 80 of them if
you want. I need the space in my car :-). Also still have a SPARCserver
330 case available for pickup in San Jose, California area for free (I
won't help take it down the stairs, so bring a strong back or a friend or
both). It is 3-slot VME suitable for Sun3, Sun4, or 600MP boards.

Thanks,
Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows