[SunRescue] shipping tales (was Re: ALMS)

Alistair MacDonald rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 29 07:47:21 CST 2001

>=== dave at undone.org.uk 01/29/01 01:28PM ===
>
>On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Mike Meredith wrote:
>
>> I think US shipping companies must be worse than UK ones though ---
>> I've had dozens of personal deliveries and hundreds of work ones with
>> not a single damages one (and not many misplaced ones).
>
>Except Parcel Farce - they can break anything, and if that isn't enough
>they'll leave it out in the rain too.

Hmm - with the exception of the current problem ("that one was in the back of a stolen van") - I haven't had too much of a problem with PF [1 broken item, caused by stupid packing], although when visiting the depot to pick up parcels I'm always worried by the sounds the boxes make .....

My biggest problem has been with one of the syndicated delivery companies - next day delivery took almost 2 weeks, and involved the items making it all the way to me, and back almost to the sender and then back, and some 5 attempts to deliver since the drivers were too stupid to follow the clear company guidelines, and the directions added to the box, about delivering to neighbours if there is no response.

Alistair