[SunRescue] Sparcprinter...

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 28 12:25:58 CST 2001

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 11:04:49AM -0500, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> I recently was given a Sparcprinter (the original) along with a SS1+
> and a SS2.  I want to get this going...  From what I've seen, only
> Solaris is an option for getting this working, which is okay by me.
> But, there seem to be two options... One, find a copy of NewsPrint.
> Two, go it with Ghostscript and get the driver through a patch.
> Has anyone here gotten one of these beasts to work before?  And if
> so, do you have any suggestions how I pursue it... should I track
> down NewsPrint?  Should I forget Newsprint and go Ghostscript?
> Thanks,
>   --Kurt

Been there, done that, got it working fine with NewsPrint and Solaris
2.5.1 and a SS2.  I'd suggest going the newsprint route; I can help
find the software, then with the appropriate patches, it works just
fine.. we had the ss2/SPARCprinter combination working with Samba as
a printer for all the PCs in the office.

Mail me privately and we'll get ya going.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net