[SunRescue] Computer Museum

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Feb 27 09:11:57 CST 2001

>>I hope this is not too off topic but I came across some
>>information that may be of value to people visiting
>>Amsterdam with an interest in computer history.
>>
>>http://www.science.uva.nl/faculteit/museum/
>>
>>Computer Museum
>>    University of Amsterdam / Department of Computer Science
>>    Kruislaan 403
>>    1098SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Very cool.  They even have the first model of computer I ever laid hands
on - the IBM 5100.  My father was a programmer for Protection Mutual
Insurance back then and he brought this home to work on.  I learned some
basic programming (including For-Next loops!) on it and played games like
Trek and Hunt-The-Wumpus.  *sigh* Memories...

Damn!  Now I'm feeling old again...time to bring out the juvenile toys!

Mike (Custom Painted Nerf Gun) Hebel