[SunRescue] Netboot OpenBSD and other bits

mike dombrowski rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Feb 26 19:23:53 CST 2001

I'm trying to netboot OpenBSD 2.8 on my IPC and I've run into a
problem. I think I have most services setup properly, but, it fails
kinda miserably.

ok boot net
Boot device: /sbus/le at 0,c00000   File and args:
12200
>> OpenBSD BOOT 2.1
boot: client IP address: 192.168.0.11
boot: client name: ipc
root addr=192.168.0.3 path=/export/ipc/root
getport: Unknown error: code 72Can't open network device `/
sbus at 1,f8000000/le at 0,
c00000'
open: bsd: Unknown error: code 72
device[/sbus at 1,f8000000/le at 0,c00000]:

Has anyone else run into this problem? I have no idea where to go from
here with debugging this, the network worked fine under Solaris so... I
read somewhere that 72 might mean "RPC struct is bad" but I don't know
what that means? Is my Linux NFS server screwing things up?

Also, how much faster is a TGX/TGX+ than a GX? Is it worth the upgrade?

Thanks

Mike