[SunRescue] [OT] Pencil eraser keyboards?

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Feb 26 17:01:15 CST 2001

>>The mouse I am using right now looks almost identical.  Mine has a
>>little different coloration to it, However.  Mine seems to be okay.....
>>it was used when I bought it for $2 too :-)

The discolorization is not surprising - in fact I've never seen one without
some of it unless it was freshly cleaned.  If yours is working however I
find you either very good at maintenance on it - or you've got luck. ;-)

What usually happened - aside from actual ash in the optics at 'smoking'
offices - was that either the mouse balls would develop flat spots in them
("Replace the mouse!  Mouse balls just aren't worth it! - The Customer) or
they would suddenly roll over and die.  No buttons, no movement, nothing.
There's nothing worse than a dead mouse with flat balls.  *ducks flying
objects*

As usual though YMMV - mine certainly does. *grin*

Mike Hebel (Driving at 14mpg in an '89 Mercury Sable Wagon.  Complete with
battle damage.)