[SunRescue] Help with SS10

Don Varner rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Feb 26 13:54:24 CST 2001

Ok, maybe I'm nuts but I think you might be ok with the
connector that you have. Do you have a closer picture?
I don't have any Mbus systems to open up and compare.

I recall a similar problem many moons ago when I worked on
Mbus based Sun's. I remember thinking the same thing...but
after looking closer I realized it was the same type connector
but a different design/vendor.  It also seems like it was a bitch
to seat the cpu but I was able to finally fit it in properly.

You might just need to apply a bit more persuasion to pop it in
but it's hard to tell without more detail in the picture. If
you have a macro lens it would be nice to see the pin detail.

Don