[SunRescue] Re: S-plus, GNUcc and cc

Eric Hall rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Feb 25 09:25:32 CST 2001

Stefan Hames wrote:

> It's /usr/ccs/bin/make, which I assume is the one that came with
> Solaris 7.  Using ls -acl gave me a modification date for make that
> is the date I installed the system.

Stefan,
What I did was  install gnu make, which goes in /usr/local/bin. Then,
depending
on what I'm buliding, I change my path accordingly. It's a small hassle,
but
it basically lets me compile almost anything I want. I also symlinked
/usr/ucb/cc
to /usr/local/bin/gcc. Using this setup, I've had no problems. I've even
been able
to build some small apps with the "application builder", using sun make.
Good luck.

Eric H