[SunRescue] MP3 collections

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Feb 23 22:38:29 CST 2001

kurt at csh.rit.edu writes:

>What do people use for ripping and encoding?  I always use cdparanoia,
>although considering that it doesn't currently run on anything but
>linux, I could see it being less popular.  (I can forgive the stall in
>the portable app, as the author is one of the driving forces behind
>Ogg Vorbis).

I use the "stick a CD in my pocket and walk over to Brian's house"
approach. :-)

I *just* traded my vt220 in for an X terminal last year, dealing
with *audio* is way too modern for me right now.

...but I have mp3s on my web site. Arg. Getting all that software
is on my list of things to do. The best audio output I have at
the moment is an SS2 though, so it's low on the list of realisticly
usefull things to do. Ha ha.

--- david fischer --- dave at cca.org --- www.cca.org -----------------------
----------------------- I took one sample and interpolated from there. ---