[SunRescue] MP3 collections

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Feb 23 17:53:22 CST 2001

On 23 Feb 2001 jwbirdsa at picarefy.picarefy.com wrote:

>    Other questions: did anybody out there ever actually *use* the TAAC?
> What about the GT? What's the most obscure Sun hardware you ever actually
> used?
>
>    --James B.

I've used the ZX board.  I don't know how obscure it is.  Apparently it is
slower than the GT.  Also, I used an old VME board that was used for image
recognition.  A color frame grabber with hardware LUT was what it
was.  Support for the board was dropped under Solaris.  The board was in a
sun4.  There was a second board that was the same in a microvax running
dunix (development was done on the Sun, then the code was moved via serial
port to the DEC, which was mounted on a mobile base.  I really only played
w/ the board, never did any real work.  I believe that the board is still
floating around my school, however, the machine now has solaris on it, so
the board is unused.  Unfortunatly, my school doesn't give old hardware
away to students.  Nor do they sell it piece wise.  Rather, they have
silent auctions for large lots of mostly useless gear at prices that no
student could afford.

--
Joshua Boyd