[SunRescue] MP3 collections

Hatle, Steven J. rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Feb 23 07:53:24 CST 2001

Whenever we buy a new CD, it immediately gets ripped down to the NetApp, and
Jeanne and I both know how to update the playlists of our respective players
to reflect the current state of what's in the NetApp store.

I never bothered with Napster- not that I had any legal problems with it,
just that I didn't need another obsession at this time. Though it might be
nice to find the oddball track once in a while.

Anyone heard more about the Gateway and/or Dell components that hook to your
stereo to feed it MP3's stored on your home LAN? They were in PC Magazine
last month, and look to be about $300 each. Might be close to time to run an
Ethernet drop to the back of the entertainment center. . .

Steve