[SunRescue] Solaris part numbers?

Chad Fernandez rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Feb 22 16:41:30 CST 2001

Since Solaris 8 won't run on my 486 because of my EISA slots, I thought
I would look on Ebay for 2.6 or 7.

Many times I see past numbers and revision numbers.  Some specify sparc
or intel.  Where can I find a list of part numbers and revisions?

I would like to be able to bid on an auction even if the seller doesn't
specify intel or sparc..... I might get the auction cheaper that way,
since other buyers looking for one version or the other may be wary.

I also don't want to end up with a "revision a" if "revision b", or
"revision c" is the "good" version.

I looked around Suns site, but I can never find anything on websites
that big.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA