[SunRescue] Half height drives.

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Feb 22 16:01:40 CST 2001

>>Oh!  THOSE drives =)

Yup. THOSE drives. ;-)  Customer Service (anywhere) "Oh, you have THAT
model..."

>>No, they pretty much won't fit inside any sparc (I'm sure someone
>>will have
>>a counter example).  However, they fit GREAT in 411 cases =)

LOL!  Funny you mention that because I managed to run one in my IPX bnetd
server at a friend's house.  I had to change out the SCSI cable for
something just a little longer and thus terminate the drive.  (Thankfully
I'm not running anything external on this chain!)  _Everything_ just barely
fit.  The 4g in my .mp3 player is the same way - I actually had to "create"
right-angle molex connectors to fit two drives into the box because I wanted
the full 4gig for MP3's.

Mike Hebel (Give me the Dremel. I'll make it fit!)