[SunRescue] Solaris 8 for intel on a 486?

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 21 11:16:06 CST 2001

The marketing speak just says you have to have 64meg of RAM and 600M - 1G
free space.
(http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/ds/ds-intel/;$sessionid$0QQNLJAAABMOBAM
TA1LU5YQ) (You may have to re-construct that link.)

IMHO I think that on the 486 it may run but will be "Slowlaris" as some
people have called it. ;-)  I may be wrong.  If I listened to everyone then
I'd never even _try_ some things. (People told me I couldn't burn CD's on a
Pentium 60 - that's when I show them copies of the complete Solaris 2.6 - 8
CD-R collection on my office shelves.)

The worst you can do is try it and have it not load.  Then you have Solaris
Intel for a system you can use later.

Mike Hebel

(Note: Direct e-mail to this address may bounce.  Crosswinds.net has
instituted an annoying anti-spam technique that has caused me to not get my
mail from lots of places including work. *sigh*)