[SunRescue] Sun ethernet cards

Dan Lane rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Feb 18 16:53:58 CST 2001

Dave Reader sent the following on Sun, 18 Feb 2001...

> Hi,
>
> The card with rj45 & scsi is most likely a scsi + ethernet card ..it was
> very typical of sun to produce combination of scsi/ethernet on a single
> card right from the days of the big vme machines.

That explains it!

> do any of these cards have the sun part numbers on? eg, 501-1234 (if they
> hahve the barcode label, sometimes on the card and sometimes on the sbus
> connector, this is the first 7 digits of that number)

5012062 on both the 4 port ethernet cards and 5012739 on the ethernet/scsi
card.

> how much would you want for these cards?

Was hoping to swap them for parts for the Ultra1, could do with some more
memory, a graphics board and a hd sled (I have a second drive but no
sled).

> what type of graphics board are you looking for?

whatever came with the U1 or better!

Cheers,
Dan