[SunRescue] Terminal servers and serial consoles (was: SS2running headless)

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Feb 13 03:02:20 CST 2001

At my office I'm using a Classic with a SCSI Terminal Server.  A small box
that attaches to the SCSI port and has an RJ45 wire that runs to a box with
8 RJ45 serial ports and one parallel port on it.  I have the office using it
via telnet to talk to a Vax application so they don't have to have terminals
at their desks. Works great except for the occasional lockup - old hardware.
*grin*  (Nobody knew what it was before I got there.  It used to be part of
an industrial production monitoring system.)

Mike Hebel