[SunRescue] need 802.11b wireless access point recommendations

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Feb 11 21:47:28 CST 2001

On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 08:10:43PM -0500, bobk wrote:
> If you are so close and only have two nodes talking, an access point is
> superfluous. Use the cards in ad-hoc mode. This works for a large number
> of stations, as long as they can mostly hear each other.

Nope, these will be connected to a normal LAN as well, which has the rest
of the machines on the network.  The one Mac will have an Airport card, and
the PC laptops are all getting Lucent/Orinoco/Wavelan Silver cards.  I'm
just worried about the access point at this time.  Should I go with the
RG-1000 for $350, or should I go for the $650 AccessPOint II and put an
external antenna on it?

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net