Resignation letter (was Re: [SunRescue] The Question.)

Dan Lane rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Feb 9 10:59:03 CST 2001

Peter Joules sent the following on Fri, 9 Feb 2001...

> I am intrigued to see that it is illegal in some countries for a 30 day
> notice period to be enforced.  In the UK it is usually one calendar month
> but can be longer  in some cases.

Although a lot of IT companies in my experience, which at 20 isn't much
:P, will ask you to work it from home, or just plain LEAVE!

I guess it all depends on the circumstances, I have been here
( www.ision.net.uk ) for a long time and I know everyone pretty well and
they were happy for me to work for 2 weeks instead of a month, I have
however seen people escorted from the premises with 30 days pay at home shortly
after handing in their resignation.

I know that I wouldn't let anyone near my machines if I knew they didn't
want to work with them!

Irony has it that its me that changes the codes on the doors and alarm
systems... wonder what they are going to do when I leave?

Dan - Resisting temptation to rootkit all the machines.