[SunRescue] OT:VPN WAN's

Clay Mellender rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Feb 9 00:12:57 CST 2001

I highly recommend "CIPE" Capsulated IP Encryption. Most (If not all)
VPN's are tcp over tcp, which adds a lot of overhead to communications
with all of the error checking and such. Not to mention it is prone to
crash.  CIPE is tcp over udp. Constant stream, Encryption, high
reliability. I have it running between our main office in Madison, WI
and our branch in Chicago. Supports 30 users over a 768k sdsl line. Did
I mention it is open source also?
See http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/mini/Cipe+Masq.html for Linux
info, but there has got to be a SUN solution around if you'd rather go
that route.(No pun intended)

Clay Mellender