[SunRescue] ss1000 questions

David Rouse rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 7 21:53:47 CST 2001

Yeah it's noisy, but I had to get it.

I don't have a key for the front switch (luckly in the unlocked and on
position), what would be easier/cheaper -- get a new key from Sun, get a key
made, or get a new switch?

The ss1000 has a board, 501-2242, which I hear is a '1.2 GB disk tray' (or
words to that effect). Does this mean that the tray can't have larger drives
in it? Also, the tray has three SCSI ports -- one labled IN, one labled OUT
and one without a label. Does one of these ports have to be connected to the
ss1000 to work?

I've got a DDS 4mm tape drive (HP), can I use it, and how easy would it be
to find a front panel and mounting hardware?

I noticed there doesn't seem to be much on the Internet about the ss1000,
anyone have any helpful links about the hardware? And anyone interested in
pics of the thing disassembled?

By the way, would this be better on the SunHelp list?

(And hey Darryl, that ss1000 has four *internal* drives).

--
drouse