[SunRescue] what is this monster?

jcarver rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Feb 4 21:06:53 CST 2001

--------------9541642EC86C773C5D4BB802

As everyone else has pointed out it is NOT a server. Just a drive array.
The afore mentioned
controller cards are EXPENSIVE! They usually run $200-300. You may have
also noticed
that these were rack mounted and the side/top/bottom panels are missing.
You have to really
want or need on of these to buy one! I've never payed more than $100 for
arrays with drives
(usually 1 giggers) and only buy them close enough to pick them up. We
can all just imagine
what the fiendish ghouls at UPS would do to one of these! Considering
the weight and most
drivers aversion to handling anything over 50 LBS, I can just see the
guy deliver it. PUSH it
out the back of the truck, WATCH it fall to ground after hitting the
bumper and finally
DRAGGING it to the first step of your residence, ringing the doorbell
and beating it out of
there at warp speed before to can voice you complaits. Gee, I think I
sound kind of negative ; )

jim

Chad Fernandez wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1212048335
>
> What would be decent price for it?
>
> Chad Fernandez
> Michigan, USA

--------------9541642EC86C773C5D4BB802

As everyone else has pointed out it is NOT a server. Just a drive array.
The afore mentioned
have also noticed
You have to really
for arrays with drives