[rescue] radio

Larry Snyder rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 31 17:56:20 CST 2001

Cool!  It's more supportable than you may initially think, and certainly
(as has been noted) collectable.  You may want to think about where
you locate it, though.  The amount of RF crap emanating from suns/ciscos/
whatever could be very detrimental to performance.  Get a feel for how
it works in another room with the antenna tossed as far away from the
DP equipment as you can.  If you can bring yourself to halt the boxen
and power off it would be even better (yeah, right :-).  RF obeys the
inverse square law:  moving the antenna 4X as  far away from the source
gets you 1/16 the strength.  You'll have some birdies from the computers,
but if you can get past them you'll find you have a neat toy!
-ls-