[rescue] radio

Fogg, James rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 31 17:42:44 CST 2001

Cool. The 46 is harder to find.

PICTURES!!

Oh, and the antenna..... Any long piece of wire will work fine, just keep it
from ground. Oh, and if you're not familiar with tube stuff, some units have
neutral tied to the chassis. This means that if your polarity is wrong
somewhere, the chassis is live.

Don't be surprised if you find some bands dead. This is the nature of radio
anyways, and without a tuned antenna it will be more noticable. At night, 40
and 80 meters should be hopping with broadcast and ham traffic (sorry, don't
mean to assume you're stupid, but I can't remember if you have a ham
background).