[rescue] The fat lady. . .

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 31 12:08:23 CST 2001

> It was designed to stop really pissed off Filipinos who felt betrayed
after we
> replaced the Spanish as the rulers of the PI after the Spanish-American
War.
> .45 works really well in close quarters like a ship when you don't want
> partially spen slugs either bouncing off of bulkheads into your own people
or
> going through bulkheads and into your own people.

You're right - a quick look at the "Complete Book of the Combat 1911" gives
this tidbit of history.  I forgot about that.

"...This was occupied by the Moros a tribe of fierce fanatical warriors.  It
was aginst these tough fiters that the .38 proved inconsistent in its fight
stopping abilities.  The myth of its ineffectiveness against a dedicated
fanatical enemy was born.  More stopping power was required."

Kurt