[rescue] How to find framebuffer res under Solaris?

Phil Schilling rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 31 04:57:09 CST 2001

Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> That didn't work.
>
> Error message:
>
> ffbconfig: /dev/fbs/ffb0: No such file or directory
> ffbconfig: cannot open device /dev/fbs/ffb0
>
> Mike N

<snip>

Mike,
	you must have a different framebuffer, i.e. my Ultra5 has the M64 so
the command for it is m64config -prconf, the ffbconfig works on my
ss10.  Look under /dev/fbs and see what device is listed to tell you
which framebuffer you have.  Then find the configuration program for
it.  My U5 has m640 under /dev/fbs hence the m64config. HTH

Phil
--
Phil Schilling
GCS Tech