[rescue] Trailing-edge compute farm looking for gainful employment

Geoff Koehler rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 30 22:32:05 CST 2001

Hi All,

Well, as it turns out, I have a bunch of radio telescope data that needs to
be processed.  The data is currently stored as 512x1024 2D floating point
arrays.  Processing consists of "stripping off" 1D column arrays and
searching for gaussian peaks, spikes, and pulsating signals.  Ive written
the serial code (its rough and unoptomized, but works), and I had planned to
"parrellelize" (I hate that word) the code to run on computer clusters using
MPI.  If anyone wishes to help out and has experience with or wants to learn
parallel programming, please contact me.  I can supply endless amounts of

Cheers, Geoff

Geoff Koehler
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Home of the SART Observatory