[rescue] The fat lady. . .

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 30 22:18:28 CST 2001

> Lancaster Co. PA is where, on the first day of hunting season, men
> take their -daughters- hunting.

That's less odd than it sounds...

Both my daughters have started learning proper firearms handling.  I break
out the lecture voice each time I take out a paintball gun to
tune/clean/customize.

"treat each firearm as if it were loaded at all times"
"don't point a firearm at anyone unless you're ready to kill that person"
"never look down the barrel of a weapon"
and so on....

Mr. Bill, you probably know these by heart...

Both my daughters show a keen interest in paintball guns and BB guns (4 and
2).  Target shooting in the backyard was a great afternoon excercise this
past summer.  The 4yr old (3.5yrs then) even got to shoot one of the old
Benjamin Sheridan paintball rifles.  She loved it!

Kurt