[rescue] The fat lady. . .

Jeffrey S. Sharp rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 30 17:12:23 CST 2001

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 02:14:01PM -0600, Jeffrey S. Sharp wrote:
>
> > Exactly.  In the rural Oklahoma town where I spent my first 18 years,
> > firearms were very common.
>
> Which rural Oklahoma town?  I went to high school in Anadarko, college
> in Chickasha, lived in OKC before moving here in '96.

Yes, I remember you telling me that a few months back.

My hometown was Maysville, which is a just a short distance east on state
highway 19 from Chickasha and about 35 miles south of the OKC metro.
There were about 1200 people there, and the school had about 450 kids
K-12.  It was a very Andy-Griffith kind of place, except with more welfare
abuse.

It wasn't a great place to grow up as a computer geek.  I escaped and have
been living here in Norman for the last 4.5 years.  I thought I was going
to be moving next summer after finishing my CS degree, but I recently
decided to stay in college for a few more years and get a second degree,
this time in EE.

--
Jeffrey S. Sharp
jss at subatomix.com