[rescue] OT - Cisco 678 ADSL router any good?

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 30 13:22:54 CST 2001

On another list, someone is offering a Cisco 678 ADSL router.

Hoping that the list can help me, here are my q's:

1.  my DSL provider uses BOTH PPPOE -AND- PPTP (I suppose for
authentication).  Does the 678 support this?

2.  It runs CBOS instead of IOS, is that right?  Is that a bad thing?

3.  Does it let me do NAT (I assume so) and also have a DMZ, where
incoming requests on the public IP address get sent to a specific
machine on the network?  This would let me do dyndns-type goodness.

4. What is a lightly used one worth?

I know some of you here are Cisco gurus - don't hold back, tell me
what you really think :-)

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
patrick at zill.net