[rescue] The fat lady. . .

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 28 21:17:49 CST 2001

On December 27, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> > Apparently she's off the stage and in the car on the way home from Be.
> >
> > http://www.be.com
> >
> > I wonder if there will be any cool stuff at the liquidation auction?
> > Anyone near Menlo Park?
>
> Sad days.

  Sad days indeed, but nowhere near as sad as the day they made The
Big Mistake...following in the footsteps of so many other technology
companies, coming to the realization..."Hey, we've got great hardware
and mediocre software that runs on it...let's discontinue the hardware
and port the software to PeeCees!"  ...and then failed.

  Bril-yunt.

   -Dave

--
Dave McGuire