[rescue] The fat lady. . .

Rick Hamell rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 28 15:21:54 CST 2001

> > The worst sound card I ever came across was the Aztech Sound Galaxy
> > Washington (semi-work-alike) in my ex-wife's Packard Bell Force 100 in
> > college.  That was the sh*ttiest system I've ever seen... even the
>                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>                          You have obviously never seen a Columbia PC.

	There was a local company around here called Frankenstein
computers. The place was run by two gay bikers. When you took your PC in
they took it the back and started disassembling it. Even if it was for a
software problem! They then hot glued all the components back in, and you
were lucky if you got the same hardware back.

	Luckily they went out of buisness. They were selling the shop and
let the new guy run it for a weekend while they went to SF to "sign the
papers." When they got back the shop was totally empty! A friend of mine
had an old IBM PS/2 in there at the time... got $500 from the insurance
company for a piece he had just spent $50 for.

	Rick