[rescue] The fat lady. . .

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 17:28:37 CST 2001

On Thursday, December 27, 2001, at 05:55 PM, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> I am really stumped here. Just what does Palm want with Be anyway?????

IMHO it makes perfect sense, if you think 2-4 years out. Palm makes
efficient, purpose-built devices (well, Flextronics makes them, but that
is another story) for personal information storage/retrieval, right?

If they want to grow to larger, AC-powered devices for the home (think
TiVo, Audrey, etc.), would they want to make their own OS from scratch
(like they did for the Palm), or take something off the shelf
ready-to-go?

I have nothing to base this on, except my own opinions and ruminations,
but it seems a logical extension - besides, it gets them more office
space (maybe at a *reasonable* rate), some more quality developers, and
a nice embedded OS to boot.

Another thought, they may be able to milk the revenue stream for
Be-based products in the pipeline at other manufacturers...

Ken

n2vip at yahoo.com
n2vip at mac.com
Looking for something, try browsing