[rescue] The fat lady. . .

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 17:03:39 CST 2001

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 08:32:14PM +0000, Paul Sladen wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 02:01:41PM -0600, Amy wrote:
> >
> > BTW, have you looked at AthenaOS?  although it doesn't have a chance
> > of becoming my main OS until it get hardware 3D acceleration, which doesn't
> > look likely anytime soon
>
> Grab yourself, a copy of Debian (www.debian.org), a PowerPC or Intel box
> and a sweet graphics card...  apt-get install XFree4, which *really* rocks;
> Then grab a SBLive!, and finish off with a sprinkling of your favourite
> Window Manager's BeOS theme.
>
> Why Wait?  We *have* Q3A at more fps than Windows;  already...

The point is, we want more than just another unix, and preferably we also would
like to chuck intel while we are at it.  I want a scheme based machine with
Common Lisp, Python, and smalltalk support on top, a lisp optimized CPU, and
killer graphics support, preferably more flexible than GL.  In loo of that, I
want a really great file system that is standardized for the platform so that
most apps take advantage of it.

--
Joshua D. Boyd