OT Re: [rescue] The fat lady. . .

Derrick D. Daugherty rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 17:03:00 CST 2001

It's rumored that around Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 05:55:48PM -0500
Mike Nicewonger <twmaster at twmaster.com> wrote:
> > Observing a moment of
> > silence..................................................
> >
> > Hopefully Palm will do something worthwhile with the codebase - a BeOS based
> > Palm would be *way* cool.  I'd hate to see the OS disappear from desktops.
> >
> I am really stumped here. Just what does Palm want with Be anyway?????

I dunno about you but what I really want on my palm is high-speed
networking and video/any multimedia.  What did Be do so well?

I think they'll use the Be stuff to improve on interface and media
abilities.  I'd really like to be able to video conference from my
pda/cell.  although this sorta stuff scares the shit out of me as well.
read simson garfinkel's _database nation_ to see what I mean ;)  he was
trying to get it out for years and I think o'rielly picked it up.

^D