[rescue] Token-ring pin assignment

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 16:45:50 CST 2001

   What's the correct way to make an RJ45 UTP token-ring cable? I've been
told that cat5 cable is fine, but obviously the pinout is a little different
from ordinary Ethernet cable, where the color pattern is the same at both
ends when the connectors are held side-by-side. I did get a link-active light
on the hub (MAU?) with a different cable, which had mirror-image color
patterns, but I don't know if that was really working or only partly working.

   Even odder, I have a 3Com TokenLink (3c319) which seems to have an RJ11
jack instead of RJ45.

   --James B.