[rescue] We are stumped... (SSH between Powerbook & Solaris box)

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 16:18:38 CST 2001

> > My question was *why* is this not working, not *how* to use ssh. I have
> > successfully used ssh on several platforms, and have only had problems
> > between these two clients. Solaris and OS X are popular OSs on this
> > list, and more than one person on this list has ssh'ed into Solaris
> > boxes from OS X clients.
>
> and you yourself admitted two posts ago that you werent that familiar with
> the thingie (highly technical term, isnt it?). so which is it? are you
> familiar with it or not? when you decide let us know.

Can we take the flame war private?  Please?

The tone of these emails has gone right down the toilet.  Not what I would
expect, at all.

FWIW: I found the suggestion to go read a book counter-productive.  While
others are asking questions about config/network/client, in order to
diagnose/troubleshoot, that suggestion offered nothing positive.  I doubt if
the answer to this quandry is actually even in either of the suggested
books.  If it is, I'll eat my hat.

Kurt