[rescue] The fat lady. . .

Andrew Weiss rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 16:17:35 CST 2001

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 04:39:17PM -0500, Ken Hansen wrote:
> > Tolerance in the delivery of "subzero" sized suprise packages?
> >
> > "Don't get too attached to your nice things (frying pan)"
>
> A course on care and feeding of other people nice things might be more
> appropriate.  But really, it does seem that geeks are more likely to screw up
> cookware than non-geeks, but on the other hand, geeks just plain seem to be
> more likely to actually try real cooking.

Reminds me of the great Dilbert strip where Dilbert sets out to make
gazpacho and ends up substituting many ludicrous ingredients with
accompanying funny rationalization (in geek terms) for all the items he
doesn't have... at the end it looks like steaming cheese bricks.  Dogbert
asks, "Is this supposed to be served hot?"... Dilbert responds with a
"You're thinking of...<insert food name I forgot>"

Hilarious

Andrew

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.