[rescue] The fat lady. . .

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 16:02:31 CST 2001

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 03:46:22PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 04:41:50PM -0500, s at avoidant.org wrote:
> > I'm with you on this one. I've got two ISA SBAwe/32 cards that just keep
> > going, and going, and going... Never had any Linux install fail to pick
> > them up and run beautifully. Sound great, too, with slots for RAM
> > onboard and the wave table. Woo! Hmmm? Could I get quadrophonic sound if
> > I put them both in one machine?
>
> Oh god, if you did, some linux wanker would code up an "8-track emulator"
> with "clunk" noise, hiss, and put it on Freshmeat...

There would be issues with using 2 sound cards like that and keeping the sound
in sync.  This shows up a lot when people tried to use 2 sound cards rather
than buy a proper full duplex one (which the AWE32 is not to my understanding).

As to the 8 track emulator, it sounds like a project that just cries to be done
on a SBLive as EMU10k1 code.

--
Joshua D. Boyd